We Are Hiring!
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Position - max 19 hours
Library Associates may work in all library departments and may work at branch locations. Library Associates help users to find what they need in a library and often work in a face-paced and demanding environment. Performs other duties as required.
Works under the general direction and supervision of the Circulation Supervisor.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Assisting users in all areas including computer use, readers advisory service and instruction
- Answering the telephone
- Making copies, faxing, scanning
- Checking library materials in and out
- Placing holds on materials
- Shelving materials
- Keeping statistics
- Orienting patrons to the library by informing them of services available
- Providing general reference services for patrons
- Assisting in the promoting or presentation of programs for patrons
Knowledge, Ability and Skill
Thorough knowledge of:
- Library policies and procedures,
- Computerized circulation system
- Must be able to fax, scan and use photo copiers to provide copying services.
- Assisting the public in using personal computers and software products
- Work independently
- Communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing;
- Research information for a wide variety of library users;
- Fax, scan and use photo copiers to provide copying services.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons.
- Have a neat personal appearance
- Have an emotionally stable; pleasing manner
- Have a valid Alabama Driver’s License
Graduate from High School and prefer two (2) years clerical experience, preferably in a library.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop and crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The Board of Trustees reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.